New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wrench for locking rings
 Login/Join

Picture of Slabside1
posted
A friend of mine has a open socket type of head that looks a lot like the heads on tools that come with chain saws etc. that has a wire loop for a handle-- does anyone know where a wrench or socket like this can be purchased? the one from Dillon doesn't fit anything I have and there isn't enough room to use regular wrenches. Thanks!!
Stay Safe " DE OPPRESSO LIBER"

Bob Waters

Posts: 17 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
They are made by RCBS, midway has them

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
P.S. Welcome to the forums!

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are made by RCBS. Midway has 'em. Part #221-930... $5.89

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
You may not know this, but clicking the highlighted text will open the link to the item.

Picture of Slabside1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys!
I had looked all over trying to find this item and couldn't- the cresent wrench and Dillons wrnch were becoming a major pain!! Item is now ordered and will be put to ommediate use-- Mark, thanks for the tip on the highlighting. Stay Safe " DE OPPRESSO LIBER"

Bob Waters

Posts: 17 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=000449634 This is at MidSouth for $4.06. Samr wrench for a bunch less bucks

Love Those .41s'

Posts: 80 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Slabside1
posted Hide Post
Crawfish,
Thanks for the reply--I've already ordered from Midway but will probably get another from MidSouth. I didn't even know about this web site looks good though.BTW where in NC are you? I'm around the Hickory area.

Bob Waters

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bragg

Love Those .41s'

Posts: 80 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
Kind of off subject, but anyone else hate those RCBS lock rings? They never lock in place. I put the die in my press, adjust it, tighten the lock ring and then tighten the brass screw. As soon as I am done with the die, it pop it loose form the press and that stupid lock ring that was supposed to be held in place with the screw breaks free and spins. So I bought some extra lock rings and have been doubling them up. I think I am going to swap out the rings with rings from Forster and see if they work better since they clamp on.

posted Hide Post
redding recognized the same problem with their locking rings. they recommend using a shotgun pellet of appropriate size to fit in lockscrew hole. tighten the screw down on it, and the lead conforms to the threads and locks it down nicely.
Mike

one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
thanks for the tip!

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Hornady lock rings are my favorite, unfortunately I'm too cheap to buy a bunch of them and refit everything.

The thing that I don't like about RCBS rings is that set screw is brass, and I'm paranoid that sometime I'll strip it out.

posted Hide Post
Slabside, order the Dillon thin 1" lock nuts along with their 1" wrench (not the combination wrench). This combination works great! The wrench has just the right angle/dimensions to get into just about any space.
Bronson7

one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
You can't tighten those lock rings with them jammed down on top of the press. Set up the die and lock ring on the press, back them out without moving the ring (just enough to get the ring off the press), tighten the locking screw and screw them down together. No problems.

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Slabside1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the reply's and information guys,Bronson 7 I'll look into the rings you suggested-- the comb. wrench doesn't seem to fit anything.

Bob Waters

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crawfish:
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=000449634 This is at MidSouth for $4.06. Samr wrench for a bunch less bucks

A bunch less $$$?? Think again. If that is all he orders, he saves $1.83 on the product, but MSSS will charge him $15.06 total shiped, and MWUSA will only charge him $11.76 shipped.

Now which company would YOU buy from???

And if you happen to have a C&R FFL, you'll probably save an extra buck or two at MWUSA, but MSSS doesn't honor C&R FFLs.

The same part at www.grafs.com is $5.09, or $3.79 for a C&R FFL... Just another argument to obtain one is all.

F6

-----------------------------------------------------
\ "If I don't step over the line every now /
/ and then, how will I know where it is?" \

Posts: 148 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bronson7:
Slabside, order the Dillon thin 1" lock nuts along with their 1" wrench (not the combination wrench). This combination works great! The wrench has just the right angle/dimensions to get into just about any space.
Bronson7

I believe these are the rings and wrench to which he refers.

http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=48&min=3&dyn=1&

F6

\ "If I don't step over the line every now /
/ and then, how will I know where it is?" \

Posts: 148 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hawk, yep, those are the ones.
Bronson7

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hiwall has it right. I never have a problem with them. Once I set them I leave them alone, if I want to partial size I just put a shim washer under the die lock ring.
Lyle

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Slabside1
posted Hide Post
You guys are super, I couldn't find those rings and was going to call about them--now i've printed the info and appreciate the info about costs w/shipping. Thanks again for all the feedback.

Bob Waters