New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS press
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is an RCBS RS3 press??Is it a full size Press? I saw an ad for one in good condition...but I'm not familar with it. Thanks

Posts: 88 | Location: Winchester Ky. USA | Registered: 04 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C.S. Justice:
What is an RCBS RS3 press??Is it a full size Press? I saw an ad for one in good condition...but I'm not familar with it. Thanks

...It should be a Reloader Special 3....the current version listed with reloading Starter Kit is a RS5....midway shows the complete kit with press,loading block,lube kit,primer tray,funnel,505 scales and Speer manual for 207.95 and press only for 89.45....it is a lightweight less durable version of the Rockchucker and I don't have ANY PERSONAL OR SECOND HAND experience with them....but RCBS stuff is usually great and their warranty is very good and hassle free.....good luck and good shooting!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The RS-5 is an improved RS-3 with a larger (but bushed) die opening to allow shotshell loading with the larger dies. Dealer pays $86.10 for the RS-5. Aluminum frame, but quite strong.
Cheers from Grayest California,
Ross

Posts: 159 | Location: Oroville,California,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
It is a Reloader Special press, two generations old.

The RS-5 (current version) can be found for around $74 if you shop right.

If the asking price is over $20 for the RS-3 ... decline the offer.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an RS 2. It's kept on ticking all these years. An excellent piece of equipment. Not a ding on it.

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the RS-5, and like it really well...sakofan...

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the replies......Ive been using a Challenger press for a number of years and after putting the handle back on about a thousand times I think I've figured out where they came up with the name....Thanks again, CSJ

Posts: 88 | Location: Winchester Ky. USA | Registered: 04 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
C.S.,
I have 3 JR3 presses. IMHO one of the best presses RCBS ever produced. If you can find one for under $40 buy it. One other nice thing about them RCBS still warranties them at no cost.

Rem. 222

Posts: 516 | Location: Ar. | Registered: 03 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rem. 222:
C.S.,
I have 3 JR3 presses. IMHO one of the best presses RCBS ever produced. If you can find one for under $40 buy it. One other nice thing about them RCBS still warranties them at no cost.

Rem. 222

Rem 222 send me a PM with your email address. Your profile is set up not to accept PMs. Can't touch bases with you unless you change your profile settings or send an email. JJP

Posts: 450 | Location: AB, Canada | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rem. 222,
Thanks a bunch, I think I will go for it. CSJ

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is an "O" frame press made of cast iron. Does not have compound leverage like the rock-chucker. I load 416 Rem on it so I'd say it was full size. I bought mine in 1971. Still works fine.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave,
If you load 416 Rem on your's it ought to handle anything I'll use it for. CSJ