New
Find
Notify
Tools

Berger Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anybody tried those berger hunting bullets on african game? If so, how did they do?

posted Hide Post
As a matter fact- yes! Only it was this weekend, in New Mexico on an oryx hunt. I let my buddies son (13yrs old) use my .280 Ackley improved on his hunt. The load was a 168gr Berger @ 2900fps. The kid shot a mature bull in the shoulder at 350yds. The bullet broke the shoulder, a rib, ripped the top of the heart, and I found what was left of the bullet jacket (about half) against the bone on off side shoulder. This was the second animal taken with the rifle. I shot a Barbary sheep three days before. I didn't expect the results the Berger had on the oryx, but was pleasantly suprised. After the bone hit I expected the bullet would have exploded and fragmented severely. Instead it held together really well. Good luck on your hunt!

Posts: 22 | Location: NW N.M. | Registered: 16 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gemsbok, Kudu, Black Wildebeest, Impala, Blesbok, Nyala all died quickly with a 168grain Berger.

Posts: 41901 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote