New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler #5
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Picked up the new Nosler Reloading Manual #5 at Carter's Country in Houston yesterday. Looks to be a nice 'upgrade' from #4.

Michael

Posts: 160 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 28 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting for those to come in at Carter's. Thanks to your post, now I know they have them in stock. Thanks!

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Michael
Could you compare max loads for a few common cartridges from #4 and #5 and see if they changed at all. I'm curious, as it seemed to me that some max loads in #4 were a little light.

Posts: 586 | Location: paloma,ca | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back to the top
Anybody else have Nos. #4 and #5?
Do you think Lawyers worked up the loads?

Posts: 586 | Location: paloma,ca | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is there really any difference between 4 and 5? What are they? I read a review in one of the gun mags and they said there were not any significant differences that would justify buying the newer version. Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by mbundy:
Picked up the new Nosler Reloading Manual #5 at Carter's Country in Houston yesterday. Looks to be a nice 'upgrade' from #4.

Michael

------------------
"If it ain't a 45/70, it's just a passing fad"

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got a quick look thru my shooting partners yesterday. The only difference I can see is that they added data for the ultra mags and short mags. They also changed the way they reference their exterior balistics chart.

Posts: 108 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does it have data for the Remington Ultra Short mags? Looking for data on the 7mm.

Thanks, Al

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, I'm finally sitting here with both the #4 and #5 in front of me. I've checked a few common rounds/loads and have found no difference, so it looks like they've successfully fended off the lawyers.

It does have data for the Winchester Short Mag, Remington Ultra Mags, and Remington Short Action Ultra Mags.

Additions
---------
260 Remington
6.5mm-284 Norma
270 Winchester Short Magnum
7mm Remington Short Action Ultra Magnum
300 Remington Short Action Ultra Magnum
300 Winchester Short Magnum
300 Dakota
300 Remington Ultra Magnum
8mm-06
330 Dakota
338 Remington Ultra Mangum
338-378 Weatherby Magnum
9.3x62mm Mauser
9.3x74R
9.3x64mm Brenneke
375 Remington Ultra Magnum
416 Rigby
416 Remington Magnum
416 Weatherby Magnum
44 Remington Magnum (Rifle)
444 Marlin
340 Marlin
45-70 Gov't (Strong Actions Only)

Removed
-------
7-30 Waters
30-40 Krag
308 Norma Magnum
358 Norma Magnum

Posts: 160 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 28 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mbundy, thanks. Now just have to order it.

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered the new manual from Midway the day before yesterday. They fonally seem to be hitting the shelves. It was in stock.

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote