5mm Remington Magnum, Centerfire
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted
 -
 -

[ 07-26-2003, 02:06: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MSS, have you found some kind of book or something lately with a list of wildcats and obsolete cartridges, or do you seriously need "professional" help? hehe

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
[Wink] [Big Grin]

Wildcats are the only thing that really interest me anymore. Seems like once you open the wildcat door you find ALL KINDA neat stuff!! [Big Grin] Guys like Steve Schroeder are really interested in helpin us fuel our desire! LOL! [Eek!] [Razz]

[ 07-26-2003, 04:23: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hear ya, I started by getting more velocity out of my 260, so I cut it to 260 AI, then I had it recut to 6.5-284. I also got my .22-250 AI'd and my contender barrel is a K-Hornet. Now I want a Competitor in .30-350 Rem magnum, and get a swap barrel for my Palma rifle in .22-243, once you get started you just can't stop.
Back to topic, does the 5mm use .20 bullets like the Tactical 20, or is there a difference in diameter?

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Steve lists the 5mm bullets as .2045" on the bullet listing that i posted > http://www.nookhill.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=009243

<seven17>
posted
I use the Hornady 20 cal vmax in my 5mm Mag conversion, among others. There are a couple guys doing the conversion and they have different bullet wieghts available. Makes a nice crow rifle and they are accurate.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wildcatting is a temporary malody...It will wear off once you figure out that there is no place to go that someone hasn't left some tracks there before you!!!

I have a 5mm, it shoots tiny groups at 100 yards, many you can cover with a dime, that is the only reason I have it still, along with one box of ammo left...but the conversion is worth twice what the gun is...hell I can buy two boxes of ammo for $150. [Mad] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

Posts: 42015 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote