Find
Notify
Tools

Auto Trickler
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted
I bought an Auto Trickler V3 last year and have been very pleased. Very accurate. It took a while to get use to the scale weighing in hundreds instead of tenths. A kernel of Varget weighs about .02 of grain.
These are built by the same company that sells the Shotmarker electronic target.

https://youtube.com/shorts/peOr4tu8c0Q?feature=share

one of us
posted Hide Post
I’m out of town, but mine arrived a few days ago. Can’t wait to try it out when I get home. Everyone I know that has one loves it. The repeatability is one thing, but most seem to like the speed of operation.

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I tried to buy a V3 last fall…but they just sold out while placing my order.

I got on the V4 waiting list with a deposit. Haven’t heard anything yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

Lane,
A friend of mine just got his V4, not really sure when his order was placed but he is happy as a Lark with it.
John

Posts: 794 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that if I just spent a Grand on a powder trickler, I'd tell everyone I liked it too!

In all reality, I'm going to reserve one from CE with the scale since it's repeatability and accuracy is exactly what I've been waiting for.

Thanks for bringing this to mind.

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundog 64:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

Lane,
A friend of mine just got his V4, not really sure when his order was placed but he is happy as a Lark with it.
John

tu2

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I can assume there have been improvements. About 15 years ago I bought a Lyman (good quality company) from Midway, tried it for a week + sent it back. It was not all that I expected.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I’ve now used my AutoTrickler V4 three times and I like it. Two of the sessions were match loads for my 6BR. Seventy rounds each time with 30 grains of Reloder 15. I was seating bullets as the next charge was being dropped. I had to wait about 6-10 seconds after seating for the next charge to be ready. In 140 reps there was not one over-charge.

A little different story throwing 40 grains of IMR 4350 for my 6 Creedmoor. About a third of the time it would drop more than 40.1 grains, so those would go back in the hopper. The instructions mention shimming to help with large-kernel powders. I’ll work on that, but I will say it wasn’t awful, and it was still quicker than a manual measure and hand trickling.

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A little different story throwing 40 grains of IMR 4350 for my 6 Creedmoor. About a third of the time it would drop more than 40.1 grains, so those would go back in the hopper. The instructions mention shimming to help with large-kernel powders. I’ll work on that, but I will say it wasn’t awful, and it was still quicker than a manual measure and hand trickling

Finally got to play with my V4!!!! Wowser! I like it!!!

With chunkier powder, I slow it down to the 3 or 4 setting, its still faster than I am.

I have always done "calibrate" when I change powder.

quote:
I'm pretty sure that if I just spent a Grand on a powder trickler, I'd tell everyone I liked it too!

Really?

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Can’t wait to get mine!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive managed to do without one for over 60 plus years, In fact I use a scale less and less over that same length of time, won a bunch of money betting powder measure accuracy that relies on repeat performance for each toss...So far so good and Im over the hump and safe. Probably not for everyone..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote