Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloader 22
 Login/Join

posted
How temperature sensitive is reloader 22?

one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I`ve heard of problems but, it has seemed to be pretty much in line with other none "extreem" powders and better then some ball.
Lot to lot variances have been reported by some too, but I have really been bothered by that either. I use it in my 270, 6.5x284, 6.5x55 and 25-06.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I've used RL22 and before it MRP for 40 years. I've never found Temp sensitivity an issue. I would load in hot TX and shoot in cold CO MTn.

All powders will have some issue. I feel it became more of an issue when Hodgdon wanted to market their "EXTREME" powder line.

Only issue I had with RL22 was the first I bought seemed FAST. What I have now loads basically gr for gr with my old MRP loads.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot RL-22 in several rifles and use several pounds each year. I load a .358 STA, .300 Win, .257 Wby, 270 WSM, .338 Lapua and .340 Wby, .270 Wby with it. I have shot it in Africa at 100 degrees and in Colorado and Alberta at 22 degrees below zero with no problems. Hope this answers your question. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I shoot RL19 in a 224TTH(22-6mm) and dont have any issues. I have shot the same load in the winter in single digits and the same load in the summer prariedog hunting in 100+ temps. The only way I could see you having problems is if you work the load up in below freezing weather and it is on the ragged edge pressure wise and then you shoot it in HIGH summer temps.

thanks
224TTH

One of Us
Picture of eyeman
posted Hide Post
I believe that MRP and RL 22 are the same as the above post and have used MRP in Africa with no pressure issues in the hot months..

Paul Gulbas

Posts: 340 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RL 22 is a powder that I have had extreme variations of pressure curves between different lots. Maybe it has been improved since I was trying it.

Hang on TITE !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Works well for me and I see a 130 degree variation fromm winter to summer!

A stranger is a friend we haven't met

Posts: 56 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With Quote