New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Hodgen 4350 Data in 243 Win.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Danny Boy,Ive used the 139gr.SST in my 270 the last couple years with success but definitely agree the newer Interbond is the route to go.I'll be switching no doubt but SSTs have been so accurate Ive used on coyote as well.
Another new one out there in the 243 line is a more recently introduced Swift Scirocco in 90gr that looks to have all the cridencials but are a little pricey.Problem with bullets is about the time you think you may like one they come out with another.Example this year I grabbed an old box of Winchester 100gr. Power Points in 243 which performed as good as any on deer with one small hole in and one small hole out.Its nice to see a shell perform properly.
Thanks for sharing load info. and best of luck in your upcoming Interbond experimentation.

Plainsdrifter

Posts: 135 | Location: N.D | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

plainsdrifter,

H-414 is a better powder to gain speed with in the 243. You had asked for loads on H4350. I've done a lot of chrono. testing on different 243's. In almost every case H-414 would get me more fps than 4350. I'm using 4350 in one rifle because I just couldn't get 414 to shoot the partitions.

knobmtn

Posts: 221 | Location: central Pa. | Registered: 29 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two accurate loads on my Browning .243 20" barrel.

40.2gr of H4350 with 95gr Nosler BT
41.0gr of H4350 with 100gr Hornady Interlock

The Nolser BT bullets are very accurate in both my .243 and .270. However I don't have confidence in them as a hunting bullet. The next shipment comes, I will be developing a load using my .270 and 300 Hornady Interbonds. I just can't wait for Hornady to come up with Interbond for the .243 caliber.

Good luck!

Danny Boy

Posts: 157 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote