THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Interesting Observation About Accurate #2 and Lee Auto Disk

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting Observation About Accurate #2 and Lee Auto Disk
 Login/Join

Picture of Smoking357
posted
Whatever disk you're using correlates almost exactly to the powder charge you'll get. That is, use a .53 disk and get a 5.1 grain powder charge. Use the .82 disc and get a .81 powder charge.

P.S. The Lee loading table for the Auto Disk is a big fat lie. Use your scale.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Write to: Lee Precision
Dave Shono, C/S Dir.

Might be they made a typo when printing that up.
I sure wouldn't call it a lie.

That's precisely why most of us with years loading experience tell everyone to get at least three loading books and compare every load first. No two will agree. None are lies, each one use's their own testing equipment.

What's max in theirs, might not even pop in yours. Compare and start lite until you figure out what it's doing.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6030 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
Write to: Lee Precision
Dave Shono, C/S Dir.

Might be they made a typo when printing that up.
I sure wouldn't call it a lie.

That's precisely why most of us with years loading experience tell everyone to get at least three loading books and compare every load first. No two will agree. None are lies, each one use's their own testing equipment.

What's max in theirs, might not even pop in yours. Compare and start lite until you figure out what it's doing.

George

i concur. powder formulations change more often than some folks change underwear. this months lot of imr4350 might be different than next months. howsome ever some powders are very consistant from lot to lot. thats why we use powder scales.

you can always tell the meticulous reloaders. they still have all their fingers, both eyes and the skin surface of their faces look pretty good.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote