Find
Notify
Tools

New 350 Rem Mag rifle...need loads!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
Just got a new 350 Rem Mag rifle. Never worked with this caliber before so any inputs would be appreciated. Interested specifically in 225gr and 250 gr loads. What kind of accuracy/velocities are you guys getting?

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Theres some home brewed here.Use care when working up.
Jeff
http://www.reloadersnest.com/index.asp

Posts: 236 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Thanx ..anyone else?

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use all 225 grain bullets. My best load is higher than 58.5 of VARGET with any primer, but I have gotten good results with 9 1/2M. I use either Nosler or Sierra depending on critter. I think the Sierra's are harder than you'd imagine, but have only used them on one Corsican Ram at 272 yards. Of course no recovered bullet. You may also try either H4895 at 55 grains or W748 at 58 grains. All loads listed are under my max by a bit. VARGET is by far the best and fastest in my gun, which I can seat bullets to 3.00", which I believe makes a big difference.

Posts: 346 | Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Jesse:
What velocities are you getting?
Also based on your experience do you consider the 225 Sierra a good bullet for bear/boar?

one of us
Picture of Alaska Bush Man
posted Hide Post
I use IMR 4320 @ 56.0 using 250 Grain Speer Spitzer and Fed Match 210GM primers in R-P cases.

This is also the same load I use in my 35 Whelen.

Depending on your barrel length you should expect 2500 FPS+.

Prem Bullets are not needed for heavy game, due to the lower vel. The Speer performs excellent on game up to Moose and Bear.

Posts: 523 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
I bought the new REM 673 Guide gun....22" tube.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I know some people will say I am full of shit, but last time I took it out, a few weeks ago, I averaged 2802 fps. There are some factors that helped me; a 22" Douglas hand lapped barrel and a New Mexico sun blasting 80 degrees, and extra powder room due to seatng out to 3.0", but that's what I got. Load was heavier than what I told you though. Now I have to tell you the whole MY LOAD BS, but hey their your fingers. I still have mine, still reloading the same brass, same primer pockets and no ejector marks on the cases. Good enough for me.

As far as the Sierra's, again, I've only shot the sheep with it, but if I book Idaho spring bear, that's my meat gun. I'd probably load Partitons since they shoot equally fast and accurate. I am supposed to hunt East Texas 100% Russian Hogs next month. A 200 pounder is small to average. The 350 is going for sure, which it's loaded with I don't know. There's no way I'd feel they were not adequate for bear or hogs.

This is my favorite gun out of about 25 or so, and I was really impressed with the other thread about game taking ability with 350/35 Whelen. Really is a great thumper all the way around.

Posts: 346 | Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Thanx Jess.

posted Hide Post
56gr.IMR 4064 and Nosler 250 Partition.CCI 200 primer. 2450fps in 20 inch barrel. 3/4 inch groups.

Rifle is built on a Mauser 98 (1932 Mexican variation) Mannlicher style stock. We call it THUMPER

Posts: 15 | Location: Jackson County MI | Registered: 27 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Thanx. I have not tried 4064 yet but I will.

one of us
Picture of Whelen Nut
posted Hide Post
POP

My loads for my .350 Classic are:

250 gr Speer RN (very old bullets) and 55 gr of IMR4064

225 gr Nosler Part. (Sierra works, too) and 58.5 gr of IMR4895

WN

Posts: 249 | Location: Northeast WI | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote