Find
Notify
Tools

5 stars to Saeed
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
tu2 Thank you for your resent stimulating activity on this forum. Nice shot in the arm. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you for your resent stimulating activity on this forum. Nice shot in the arm

tu2

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Recent.
Yes, and I thank Saeed for his generosity with regard to this entire site. Without him and this site, I would be aimlessly roaming the streets. Instead of aimlessly roaming AR.

Posts: 17265 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed. Thank you, Saeed. Not only for your recent activity, but for all you do to keep this site going. (I'll bet there's a lot behind the scenes that we don't see.)

And thank you, Roger, for your post.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

You are very welcome.

Glad you are enjoying what a friend has called "ballistic mythbusters" experiments. beer

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68628 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Appropriate analogy Saeed. Affectionately A.K.A. That blows that theory out the window.
The "jump to the lands" (+ or -) experiment alone was a real eye opener. Then cleaning the barrel every 100 rounds was a surprise as well. Few have the time or the means to isolate one variation and work it thoroughly as you have. Thanks.
Questions I have about your latest series is; was the air temperature consistent? Was barrel cool down a factor? Sorry if I overlooked these details.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
As a rule, I do not like to shoot a rifle until the barrel gets very hot.

As an example, I am currently doing the primer test on a rifle we have built.

It has a heavy, fluted barrel, and the maximum number of shots I fire consecutively is 10.

It is then left to cool down before another lot is shot.

We can afford to do this because of our setup, and there is always something to be done in the workshop.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68628 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote