THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Does the Barnes Manual list loads for the 450 NE?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does the Barnes Manual list loads for the 450 NE?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does the Barnes Manual list loads for the 450 NE? If so, could someone advise what bullets are listed?

Posts: 202 | Location: in & of Dixie | Registered: 17 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Don't know about Barnes, but:

500 Grain Bullet

AR-2208 From 66.0 grains to 84.0 grains
CCI-250 Primer
AR-2209 From 80.0 grains to 100.0 grains
CCI-250 Primer

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
akriet,

I just looked @ my Barnes manual # 3 and they do not have the 450 NE listed....

6.5 Bandit

one of us
posted Hide Post
The A-Square Handloading Manual has info in the 450 NE, but it is only with their 465 grain bullets.
Contact www.huntingtons.com
and get a copy of SHOOTING THE BRITISH DOUBLE RIFLE second edition, by GRAEME WRIGHT. That is the best single source I have found for loading info on the NE's

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Akriet
I sent you a PM a while back did you ever get it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the info.

NE 450 No2: Thanks. Yes, I did the PM. I decided to go with a Ruger #1 .458 rechambered and converted to 450 NE 3 1/4 inch. I'm expecting to get the gun back from the gunsmith within the next 2 months. I'll let you know how it goes, once I get it up and running.

I have some load information, but I'm looking around for as much as I can get. I had ordered the Graeme Wright book, and as luck would have it, I received it today. Looks like it's going to be some fine reading.

Maybe someday, a double. [Wink]

Posts: 202 | Location: in & of Dixie | Registered: 17 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 450 Nitro is a very good choice as there are many good bullets out there in .458 for deer to elephant.
Good luck on your loading.