New
Find
Notify
Tools

? practice/reduced loads for .375 H&H?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for reduced loads for the .375 H&H.

Please see posted question on "BIG BORE" site.

Many thanks,

SAM

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sam, I don't have my manuals here at the office, but Sierra has a load published in their book for a 200 Gr. bullet.

It's a real powder puff - you can shoot it all day.

Rick.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Apex, NC, US | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BIG SAM:
Looking for reduced loads for the .375 H&H.

Hornady also has some .375 Winchester equivalent loads -- 220-gr. bullets with powders like SR 4759, IMR 4198, etc.

Accurate includes cast bullet loads and other loads with all their powders, you might find something there.

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I use the Lyman 375449 gas check cast bullet made from wheelweights and lubed with NRA formula Alox lube. Charge is 60 grains of H4831 with a dacron filler over the powder. MV 2100 FPS. Low recoil, plenty accuracy, and good for deer-size game out to 200 yards!!

<Don Martin29>
posted
eldequello,

How does that 60 grain charge of H4831 work out in respect to the secondary explosion effect.

Other than the powder our loads are similar. I have the same mold but a hollow point and I use linotype.

one of us
posted Hide Post
TO ALL,
Thank you all for your replys. I will down load this and put it together with the other info that I obtained and will decide which route to go.

Will follow-up with a report on the results.

Cheers,
SAM

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote