THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loaddata For 9,3x74R Woodl. 320grs bullet.??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Woodleigh offers a 320grs bullet for the .366 cal. The bullet was originally made for the .360#2 cal. but I am told that it "fits" the 9,3 = .366. It is an interesting bullet since it is heavier than the normal choises for the 9,3x74R. But I can not find loaddata
anywhere.
Any suggestions out there...?
happy hunting.
Niels

Posts: 389 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Mads>
posted
Glad that other Danes found their way in here!

The 320 grains .366 woodleigh should be a good bullet. Harald Wolf uses it in his 9,3x70 Magnum, and I states that it delivers more than 90 % wieght retetion at 795 m/s!

My consern in regards to the 9,3x74 R is that if you'll use it in a double it will probebly not be regulated for it! If it's in a drilling or other combination gun this wouldn't be a probelm.

Regards

Mads

one of us
posted Hide Post
Email Ray Atkinson, or perhaps he will eventually see your post. I�m sure he has data for 9.3x62, but x74R?

Have fun! Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aHunter:
Email Ray Atkinson, or perhaps he will eventually see your post. I�m sure he has data for 9.3x62, but x74R?

Have fun! Hermann

Thank You Herman. Do you also have an adress (E-mail) for Ray Atkinson?
Best Regards Niels

<jthessen>
posted
Niels,
Mr Atkinson ranks as one of the most knowledgeable persons around here, with more than 5000 posts.

e-mail :
ray@atkinsonhunting.com

All the best

//Jens

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!!

I have shot about everything with the Woodleigh 320 gr. softs and solids in my 9.3x62's and they perform to perfection..they are very accurate indeed. The solids penitrate to no end. The softs work perfect for herd shooting Buffalo..

I would cut back about 5 grs. from the standard 293 gr. book load and work up from there in your 9.3x74.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41986 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jthessen:
Niels,
Mr Atkinson ranks as one of the most knowledgeable persons around here, with more than 5000 posts.

e-mail :
ray@atkinsonhunting.com

All the best

Thank You very much. As you all must have noticed already, I am new in this particular place. I think I'll stay for quite a while though, 'cause my problem was solved in an instant and it's an interesting place.
Again: Thank you very much, all of you.
K&B
Niels

//Jens