Find
Notify
Tools

9.3X57 brass???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
I'm trying to get a 9.3X57 Husky to the range. What is the most efficient and economical way to acquire brass? I'm thinking 8X57 fired or unfired. Opinions and perhaps loads to share?? Thanks in advance. Cool Packrattusnongratus

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Cheapest is necking up 8x57. I also form them from .30-06 brass. Forming is prefered for mine due to it's chamber dimensions.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can buy Norma 9.3x57 brass from Midway and Grafs. Not cheap, but you won't need 500 rounds, either.

Posts: 119 | Location: Ketchikan, AK USA | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amen on shopping at Natchez and Graf's for 9.3x57mm brass. Sometimes they tend to dump 9.3x57 too, guess it's a slow seller in the US. Also, 9.3x57mm makes a perfect parent case for making 9.5x57mm ammo for your old M1910 Mannlicher-Schoenauers.

LLS
Mannlicher Collector

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
packrattusnongratus
Loads? Check Norma's website
http://www.norma.cc/

I got a pdf file with older Norma reloading data that I could email you. Send me a pm with email address.

Cheers
/JOHAN

<9.3x62>
posted
100 pieces of Norma 9.3x57 brass will last a long time. I always like to have proper headstamps whenever possible... JMO...