New
Find
Notify
Tools

T-870 VR. H-870
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anybody used this powder since H-870 is no longer available?

Here is the reference about it in an article about the 7mm Ultra Mag.

"Back to the reloading room where an ancient can of H-870 was discovered, and at this point, feeling I had nothing to lose, was loaded ahead of a Federal 215 primer and behind the afore mentioned 160 gr. XLC. Back to the range! The results, both on paper and on the chronograph, were exactly what I had hoped for when I bought the rifle. My excitement was short lived, however, when a shooting buddy reminded me that H-870 is no longer manufactured by Hodgdons. Just before I was going to scrap my dream load and start over, this same buddy that had so cruelly burst my bubble, told me about Eric Lutfy and his Thunderbird Cartridge Co., and about their T-870, a wonderful, easy to load ball powder, with, for all practical purposes, an identical burning rate as the old H-870. A trip to said cartridge company resulted in what will be for me, a lifetime supply of T-870. With my load now happily worked out.........."

Any help with knowledge about this powder and where to find it would be greatly appreciated