Find
Notify
Tools

Whats the future of IMR powder?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of whiplash
posted
Does the future of IMR powder look on the grim side? I am wondering if I should buy to stock up? I noticed Hogdon bought out IMR. IMR's web-site is no longer running.....any comments? [Confused]

Posts: 158 | Location: Grand View, Idaho | Registered: 13 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
According to Hogdon's web site, they will continue to make the IMR line.

Posts: 1669 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If Hodgdon bought the IMR line, IMR's future is excellent. I have been bying Hodgdon powder of one number or another since the 1960's and it only gets better. Give them a hand! Geo.

Posts: 305 | Location: Indian Territory | Registered: 21 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of whiplash
posted Hide Post
I just went to the Hogdon web-site and got the full story. When I first heard about the change there wasnt much info on their web-site on the buying of IMR. But now I know, thanks guys! [Smile]

Posts: 158 | Location: Grand View, Idaho | Registered: 13 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's my understanding that Hodgdon doesn'r plan on any changes at present, and the entire line will remain as is. We don't know of course how long it will stay that way. My heart sank when I heard IMR was bailing out. I reload for 11 different calibers, and most of my best loads
were built up over the years using IMR powders. I'd hate to have to start over again with new powders. That would just about finish me. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
According to an e-mail I received from Phil Hodgdon, the IMR line will remain as it now is. That's good! I have IMR 4064 and IMR 7828 loads I really don't want to have to change..... [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
The only change I've gotten wind of was the elimination of the metal IMR cans in favor of Hodgdon-type plastic ones.

Fine with me; nothing worse than trying to get that last little bit of powder out of an IMR can.

At this point, still just rumor, though.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote