New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chronograph
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I want to buy a chronograph but don't know which one to buy. I want one that allows me to read the f.p.s. at my shooting bench, not on the chronograph itself. A printer is not important since I can download the info in my computer and print it out . I want something that is reliable and easy to use. Price is NOT a factor so please suggest what you think is the best chronograph.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll drop this site in the hat:

CED Millennium

Posts: 77 | Location: williamsburg missouri | Registered: 08 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love my Oehler 35p. I think after using one with a printer I find it very handy to just tear of the paper and staple it to my load book page. It is very reliable. This is the second chronograph I have owned and the best.

Posts: 41 | Location: shawnee, ks. usa | Registered: 03 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
if price is truely not a factor,
get the oehler balistics lab, that has a strain gauge as well..

then you'll know pressure and velocity

jeffe

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe

I have both and can honestly say, save your hard earned money and buy PressureTrace if reading pressure is something your looking at doing; much less $$ than the M43 and even a better product for doing so. Of course it has no chrono, so I recommend the 35P... never have used a CED.

Don't buy a Chrony brand chrono...

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the 35P. You can purchase direct from Oehler or go to www.natchezss.com I really do like the printer feature. I just write the load specs beside each five shot string and save the tape.

Posts: 122 | Location: Halstad, MN USA | Registered: 24 October 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Brent,
ont he pressure trace.. okay, I am sold.. where.'s the cheapest place to buy one?

(read the product descriptions)

thanks

and i LIKE chrony... then again, i AM cheap

jeffe

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote