New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rottweil Powder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone any experience with Rottweil powders?
I am especially interesteed in experience in 222 Rem, 243 Win, 30-06 and 7 Rem Mag. [Confused]

Posts: 45 | Location: Poland | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pawel
I have only used R904 and R905 but unfortunately not in any of the cartridges that you mention.
I have found them to be suspiciously close to Norma204 and Norma205. I have even read reports that speak about interchangeability between the powders from this two manufactures, which by the way now belong to the same industrial group.
It seems that for every Rotweil powder there is a correspondant Norma.
Anyway, work up your loads slowly and safely.
montero

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
<Safarischorsch>
posted
It seems that for every Rotweil powder there is a correspondant Norma.
Anyway, work up your loads slowly and safely.
montero[/QB][/QUOTE]

Not really!
Norma and Rottweil powder is made by Bofors, Sweden. I load my 8x68S , 300Winmag with Norma MRP and R905. the difference is that the Mrp is even slower than the 905! So you get a litle bit more speed and lower pressure with the MRP.
In 460 Weath. i take the R904 and the Norma 204. It is the same result: norma 204 offers a little bit more speed(Norma makes the Weath. ammo with this powder!) and less pressure. there is one reason to by Rottweil: it is by far not so expensive as the norma powder is.

<Dutchgus>
posted
Many years ago I started reloading with Rottweil powders and found them very good, that is quality-wise. But their prices went up and up and I switched to Hodgdon and Vihtavuori.
For a .222 your best buy is R902. For the other calibres you mentioned, R904 is a good all round choise. If you should need data for a specific load, I still have the the Rottweill reloading manual "Wiederladen" on my bookshelf.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dutchgus
I know the Wiederladen is a good manual for Rottweil powders but unfortunatelly my knoweldge of German is zero so I haven't bought it. If you could give me the info for the calibers above I would be grateful. My e-mail is:
pawel-matuszczak@wp.pl

Posts: 45 | Location: Poland | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote