New
Find
Notify
Tools

new loader
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
my 650 primes on the upstroke and i have a bad lower back (the upstroke compresses the lower discs) so i bit the bullet and got in a new 1050 (does EVERYTHING on the downstroke). i gotta say if ur on the fence or considering it, GO FOR IT. its like night and day. i let my wife pull the handle loading 45acps (just once though) and she said thats easy, whats the big deal? EXACTLY. i sold the 650 on craigslist the first day. i've had 550s, RL1000, 650, and a LNL and the 1050 is in a class WAY above the rest. anything bigger than .223 i still do on my co-ax though.

Posts: 1537 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you could have knocked out all your primers with a hand punch and primed with a hand tool -----for less hassle than changing to some megabuck loader that you are only using on small cartridges. I don't get it.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ur right....YOU DON'T GET IT!

Posts: 1537 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, it may of made a little more sense to some folks if you mentioned you were talking about your Dillion Progressive presses.

Considering the loading rate of the 1050, I can understand how that would make a difference.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i guess.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you John. I use my 650 + love it but I don't have your back injuries so I understand.Also I KNOW that you sold it the 1st online;one never sees used Dillon's.Just for G.P.,I reversed the handle/cam on my rock chucker single stage,more user friendly.

Posts: 4323 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
actually, i sold it to a guy a few miles north of austin. he drove 4.5 hours to my house to make sure he got there first. i load about 30,000 rds a yr of .40 and .45acp, divided between 4 guys, so the 1050 is gonna be a back saver for sure. and the cool factor of the 1050 is awesome. best part was, the wife understands what back pain is even w/the operation so she never said a word against it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Antelope Sniper:
John, it may of made a little more sense to some folks if you mentioned you were talking about your Dillion Progressive presses.

Considering the loading rate of the 1050, I can understand how that would make a difference.

Antelope,
I know exactly what he is talking about. I also know that it only takes the strength of a thumb to press in a primer with a hand tool. His major whine about his 650 was the upward force on the handle to prime.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ah yes, more meaningless blather by "fat hoggs" little bitch, sr 0000. he is hoggs lap dog. "speak boo boo speak." "sit boo boo sit". you have, as always, contributed nothing as an internet warrior. go somewhere to seek a life if you can't be intelligent.