Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use "Flitz Media Additive"???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted
I didn't know they made a dedicated media product until today. Just curious as to how it works, and if it's meant for walnut, corncob, or both.

Thanks,
RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't know they had a "media" product. I've been adding a few drops of regular flitz to my cleaning every batch and it works better than the liquid I got from midway years ago. A little goes a long way--put some on a soft rag and it will polish any metal real fast--almost scary. I've also used it to remove scratches on the high gloss finish on my browning stocks, light scratches in car paint, remove scratches from snowmobile windsheilds. I also from time to time dab a little on a patch dampened with kroil and use it in bores that I think could use a little smoothing--not sure I'm doing much good there but patches can come out pretty black on what I think is a spotless barrel.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Kraky:

On Varmint Al's website, he does a side-by-side comparison of Flitz to JB Bore Paste. He states that the Flitz is a bit more aggressive than JB, so it wouldn't surprise me that you are getting black out of your bore with the Flitz.

Here's a picture: http://www.varmintal.com/arelo.htm#Polish

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote