Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 6.8 SPC
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted
I'd start with 7mm TCU max or near max loads and work up. It has enough additional capacity that the TCU loads should be starting loads for this round.

I don't think that, in general, pistol powders would be appropriate.

Have you posted to the specialty pistols forum?

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No receiver mods.

New barrel.

New bolt head.

Open the feed lips on the magazines just a bit.

Load & go.

A couple guys from 5th SFG did the development with participation by Remington.

The logistics weenies have their knickers twisted up a bit because the development program only took about a year and only cost the Army a few thousand bucks instead of ten years and 50 million.

Gives the M-16 platform (don't you love how the military says "platform" instead of "rifle"?) some needed power and better downrange numbers.

You can get uppers from Precision Reflex, Inc. and Barrett. Other vendors will be coming out with conversion units shortly. They are probably waiting to see what does or does not happen vis-a-vis the crime bill. I think every body should have one in a suppressed version.

JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm a litle addled about this. My understanding is the M-16 rifle can be converted to this round, just a case of rebarreling and modifying the receiver. Is this true or does anyone really know yet? I'm glad to see them get away from the .223, but also understand the miitary is going to retain a lot of them in that caliber. What gives here anyway? Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

Does anyone have load data for the 6.8 SPC. i have lots of brass and dies for it. Thanks, Dan

And also a rifle to shoot it in, I presume??