New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case Tumblers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been using Iosso case cleaner all this time. It works well, cleans all the soot and tarnish from my cases but it fails to leave a bright, polished finish so I'm looking for a tumbler. I don't need huge capacity since I usually load no more than 100 rounds at a time. I would like something rugged, long lasting, and reasonably quiet. I'm looking at Lyman, RCBS, Hornady, and a few others; all priced around $60. Any favorites among you guys, pros and cons of each model? The RCBS looks fairly sturdy but I'm open to any suggestions or advice.

Posts: 192 | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
rowdy, I bought the smaller of the two dillon tumblers, and it does plenty for me. I bought the combo tumbler/media seperator and it makes a nice combonation. I've been using it for several years and no complaints.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think that most tumblers are made by one or two companies. Just made using different color plastic and/or different stickers. So I shop for features wanted and price.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of duikerman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muck:
I think that most tumblers are made by one or two companies. Just made using different color plastic and/or different stickers. So I shop for features wanted and price.

muck

actually only one.

Posts: 770 | Location: colorado | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's only ONE I'd ever consider.

$50 Lifetime, no hassle warranty on any part of it that fails, including the lid.

Berry's in St George Utah. I don't have their site handy. They sell bullets and a large number of related items too.

I've had one about six yrs and use it three days or more a week. Only problem I had a motor screw come loose and couldn't keep it tight.

Called them, and was told to box it up and ship it back. They replaced it with a brand new one, this was in the fourth yr of long hard use. I asked if they'd send an extra lid. And they did, all at n/c. other than my shipping the bad one to them.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6010 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one from Cabelas with their name on it.. It was the Most Quiet and smooth sounding when running of all the ones I looked at, and it was $45.00...

I had several other brands before that one, but that is the one I am settled on...

also has excellent capacity and top access...

I rate it number one...

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just bought the Harbor Freight vibratory cleaner a week ago as it was on sale for $39, I think.

No problems yet. Looks the same as the Frankford Arsenal brand that Midway sells. They sell 25lb boxes of walnut shell grit there for pretty cheap, too.

Posts: 1729 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
DITTO, on the Cabellas

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Cabellas tumbler...

Andy

Pray, Vote, Shoot, Reload.

Posts: 315 | Location: Arlington TX | Registered: 21 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did a little research and it turns out the Cabela's tumbler is actually the Berry's model 400 with Cabela's name on it.
One more question. Since I only load 50 to 100 rounds at a time, will a larger capacity tumbler agitate as well or will it take longer to clean a small amount of cases since its not filled to maximum capacity?

Posts: 192 | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine does the same job, regardless if I am cleaning 10 or 200....on thoroughness and how clean they are...

I notice no difference in capacity, but then I am notorious for loading it up before going to bed and then turning it off when I get up the next morning...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote