New
Find
Notify
Tools

1moa adjustments
 Login/Join

<bowiler>
posted
has anyone used the leupold vxIII long range m3 with the 1 moa elevation and the 1/2 moa windage adjustments. thinking about buying one but affraid the adjustments may be to coarse to zero it precisly. i don't realy like the looks of the m1 with the high target turrets though.

<green 788>
posted
Post this question at www.snipershide.com in the optics section of the forums. You'll get the kinds of answers you're looking for...

green 788

<Bruce Gordon>
posted
A shooting buddy had one and we played with it over the weekend. It makes for real fast adjustments, but it was too coarse for my liking. He loved it just the way it was, so it is really a matter of preference. I like the 1/8 MOA adjustments so I can get the elevation just right, but unless you are a target shooter 1/8 MOA adjustments are just an annoyance.

<Dave King>
posted
I've had several of the Vari-X III M3 LR's. They're nice and do have 1 MOA elevation and .5 MOA windage.

I have the MilDot versions and the reticle if fairly thick and makes it hard to see groundhogs at 500 yards.

They are easy to use and you'll NEVER be off by a full rev on the elevation.

As far as precision, you'll be able to be somewhere between exact to 1/2 the adjustment value. If the elevation is used, you'll NEVER (worst case) be more than 1/2 MOA from the setting you desire. To determine the need for adjustment graduation you just examine the precision requirement. If you need more precise than .5 MOA elevation and .25 MOA windage you'll might not be happy with the M3 scope.

Once in the field, if the critter/target is smaller than 1 MOA there is a chance that you'll need to hold a little high or a little low to hit it.

I believe you can order blank "cams" for the scope from Leupold.

It's a good scope and works very well for what's it's intended to offer. It's not a very good small varmint scope.