THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Looking for back issue articles in Handloader and Rifle

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for back issue articles in Handloader and Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BoCash3
posted
I contacted Rifle / Handloader Magazine about two past articles on the 22 Hornet. They had a two part series that began with Rifle issue No. 193 and concluded with Handloader No. 209, according to what customer service shared. I do not know the name of the two articles or the month/year in which the issue was printed.

Unfortunately the company has no back issues left of either issue.

Am asking if anyone on the forum would sell either of those issues at a reasonable price, or, be willing to make copies of the two .22 Hornet articles and send to me. I would be happy to reimburse a reasonable fee for the help.

Many thanks, "Bo" Cash, Morganton, NC

Thank goodness my grandfather put me in the woods as a child !

www.TableRockAngler.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 20 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
The two articles were written by Ross Seyfried.

Rifle #193 January 2001 ".22 Hornet Part I: Modern rifles and ammunition; and Handloader #209 February-March 2001 ".22 Hornet Part II: Top loads for the littlest .22 centerfire.

I don' t have any extra copies, but perhaps someone does.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BoCash3,

Those two articles seem to ring a bell. I save a lot of my Rifle and Handloader magazines but not all of them. I'll look tonight when I get home from work and see if I have these. I'll post back on here and let you know.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BoCash3
posted Hide Post
Bob,

Thanks a bunch. I know this is asking for a favor, pure and simple. But I would be glad to trade you a little something or purchase your troubles if you could copy those pages and drop them to me.

hunterJim, thank you too for the magazine date info. At least now they may be easier to find.

LONG LIVE TEXAS ! THANKS for looking Bob, "Bo"

Thank goodness my grandfather put me in the woods as a child !

www.TableRockAngler.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 20 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I have the magazines. I keep all of them. I'll look and see if I can get some copies made of the articles.

Bob257AI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BoCash,

I have both, matter of fact just loaned them to a buddy the other day. Be more than happy to copy the art's and send them to you. PM me with mailing info.

Craig

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Do a search on e-bay, I have found back issues there. For several gum mags.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BoCash3,

Well, you're sure getting some helpful replies from our fellow AR members!! That's one of the things that makes this forum so great.

Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. I DO have BOTH magazines. They're intact and in fairly good condition. You're welcome to them. No charge for postage or anything. I'll be happy to send them to you. (I believe we AR members should help each other out!) If you haven't already made arrangemnets with one of the other posters, then just drop me a PM (or email me at: b_faucett@yahoo.com ) with your name and mailing address and I'll drop them in the mail for you. Just let me know.

Cheers,
-Bob F. thumb

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bo,

I got your email. The magazines will be on their way shortly!

Cheers,
-Bob F. thumb