Scirocco II
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Tell me all about it.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well, the site says the profile is the same inside and out, all reload info is the same, so knowing what the difference between the two might be halfway interesting...

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think they got off to a good start with the accuracy dept. I bought some 180's in .308 and none of my guns liked them. I think they've probably addressed that with some fine tuning and the way they are letting us know that is by giving the bullet a new designation.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just received this from Swift via email:

Scirocco II press release,

Swift Announces the “Next Generation……Scirocco IIâ€

The Scirocco, announced in 1999, is one of the greatest innovations in hunting

bullets ever. Driven by determination and ingenuity, the folks at Swift created a product

with superior exterior ballistics and unparalleled terminal performance. Old-line bullet

companies rushed to follow Swift’s lead with attempts to duplicate the performance of

the original Scirocco.

Just as life is a process of continual improvement, the people at Swift

never accept the status quo, sign on to conventional wisdom or rest on their laurels. At

Swift, a desire to make the best possible bullet is the motivating force behind invention.

Now, Swift raises the bar even higher. The result is the “Next Generation……Scirocco IIâ€. This new bullet retains the same sleek profile in and out. Load data remains exactly the same. Different is the overall performance with greater accuracy and dramatically advanced terminal expansion, shock and penetration. Nothing is as brutally tough with such a streamlined shape. Nothing out-performs a Scirocco II across an extreme range of velocities from 1700 to 3300 feet-per-second and more.
Time and experience pointed the way to dramatic advancements made possible with the latest technology, metallurgy and refined manufacturing process. The Scirocco II is better than anything out there, better than anything before. Touch and feel the difference, see the svelte finish and sharp lines. Witness the awesome advancement in performance.

I replied asking for more information such as what bullet tests have been done to come the original to the new bullet. Comparisons between other manufacturers bonded bullets. Whether they had addressed the fouling problem with better metalurgy. Whether they had addressed the so called "pancaking" expansion.

Anyway, the press release didn't do much for me...we will see what information we get on my other questions.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
300winnie:

I sure hope Bill Hobert has not Screwed up the Shiroccos (I's). I shoot them in .308 Win (150s) and .300 Win Mag.(180's). The 90 grain 6mm does not shoot as well in my .243 Win. But I am going to keep trying. I wish Lee was back making the Shiroccos at Swift.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So when will the new Sirocco 2 be available?
Best Regards,
Tom

Posts: 262 | Location: Wyoming, U.S.A. | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote