Find
Notify
Tools

458 Socom Die ID
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted
I found a set of 458 SOCOM dies cheap and bought em (admit it, you would too, $29) No Socom Yet but I'm hoping soon. Anyway, and this will prove how new I am, there are 4 dies, the instructions say "Lee 3 die set". (these were purchesd from Lee)

The instructions also say Load data on reverse side AND it's blank.

Anyway I think the first die is the decaping and resizing die, the second is the neck expander and powder charger, the third is the bullet seater, and the forth is??? I removed the collet for clarity only. I understand this PROVES what I don't know but I'll be better off next time I assure you. Thanks in advance

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
That's a "Factory Crimp" die. It is a better way to crimp than the seating die but get a hold of some adjusting instructions first. Lee will send or fax them to you.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
458 SOCOM dies on sale at LEE'S surplus page. Looks like if you want some, better get 'em now ............ Captain

Posts: 15 | Location: Indiana, PA | Registered: 25 August 2003Reply With Quote