THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    I've got a 300 win mag 1 in10 twist need some idea's

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've got a 300 win mag 1 in10 twist need some idea's
 Login/Join

posted
I'am tring to find an accurate long range load out to a 1000 yard. I want to begin shooting some thousand yard matches. Any idea where to begin. I have a complet custom rifle stiller action, kreger barrel, jewel trigger, leopold mark 4 8.5-25-50 and HS preicsion stock

Posts: 4 | Location: Lake Charles, LA | Registered: 14 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome

I have loaded the 155gr Lapua Scenar, 175gr and 190gr Sierra. Have used RL19 and 22 but have settled on H4831. My go to load is the Scenar in the 3300 fps range from a 1-10 Lothar Walther. They are a death ray to 1000yds. The JBM program states it will stay super sonic to about 1500yds but I don’t know.

“I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior,
except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.”
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 – 1919)

Posts: 240 | Location: texas | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
what is the difference in the h4831 and the imr 4831. I'am Shooting the imr 4831 now but was told to maybe use the h-1000 or retumbo. the h-1000 if i was to stay under a 190gr bullet and retumbo if i went over that have you used any one of those powders. i also plan on tring the berger match hybrid 175gn. Have you heard anything good about that bullet powder combination. ps thank for all the infomation shared

Posts: 4 | Location: Lake Charles, LA | Registered: 14 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 excellent loads for you, but none use IMR4831.
I run either a Nosler 200gr AB or an A-Max 208gr with the same load, 77.5gr of RE25.
This load gives just over 3100fps in my 28" barrel with either bullet. Shoots to .25MoA consistently, and is hard to beat. These loads are run in either my Lapua brass, which is running low, or in fully prepped Rem brass. I do run Nosler custom through this rifle, but the loads have to be adjusted due to the softer nature of the brass. I ruined the first batch within 2 loadings, primer pockets loosened with middle of the road loads!

Cheers.

I've tried h1000, but it gave me inconsistent ignition problems and would go on wild pressure excursions when maximum loads were approached.

Posts: 683 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the re25 with Berger target hybrid 190gr.