Find
Notify
Tools

6.5X55 Graf brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
Is anyone out there using the 6.5X55 Graf brass? Is it the right head diameter or is it undersize like some of the American manufaturers? Some of my old Yugo brass measures .475" to almost.478" in diameter.Remington cases measure as low as .470". roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the Graf brass is manufactured by Hornady. i assume that it is proper in all respects. i think Hornady does not make anything that is not first class.

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do Hornady also make the 9.3x62 brass ??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi PC: This is Tom Purdom over in New Mexico. I used to live in Mexico, Mo., where Graf is located and used to hang out there quite a bit. Yes, Graf does handle Graf brass in 9.3x62. They pay the shipping too. The prices are $31.99 for 100, $143.96 for 500 and $271.92 for 1,000. Hope this helps... Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

the Graf brass is manufactured by Hornady.

Hardly so.

Very likely made on contract by Prvi Partizan, as much (though nmot all) of the "Hornady" brass. My source for this general attribution: Hornady. That means that the quality will likely be very good; Prvi Partizan brass is renowned.

Carcano

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Thank you carcano 91. You always seem to have the accurate info. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
carcano91: If you are familiar with the Prvi Partizan brass, and it seems you are, how does it compare with Norma brass. I have a 7x57mm and currently use Remington brass. I have to trim on every reload with the Remington stuff. Thanks ... Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i'm not interested in arguing about it, believe what your source tells you. a Graf rep told me it was made by Hornady. perhaps he meant that Hornady supplied the brass which is made by a Hornady contractor?? are we meaning the same thing?

PC: in fact, the 9.3x62 brass is the product i asked Graf specifically about.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill & Tom. It seems well priced, but I really like Lapua 9.3x62 brass I do not want to be dissapointed.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

a Graf rep told me it was made by Hornady. perhaps he meant that Hornady supplied the brass which is made by a Hornady contractor?? are we meaning the same thing?

Yes and yes. Graf's buy the stamped cases from Hornady, not directly from Prvi Partizan.

Quote:

PC: in fact, the 9.3x62 brass is the product i asked Graf specifically about.

This caliber is 100 % not made by Hornady. Only a few cases are made by Hornady, e.g. the .405 Win. Others have been bought in the past from FNM, Hirtenberger and now mostly from Prvi Partizan. So, be confident: you get excellent quality.

Regards,
Carcano

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
carcano, Interesting. I`m not familiar with the Prvi partizan brand. Do they manufacture ammo or just components? Do they make more then brass (primers bullets, ect?) Who else do they subcontract for?

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PC: like you, i use Lapua brass. it is, in fact, pretty good stuff.

Carcano91: thanks for the information. does this company, Prvi Partizan, contract to others besides Hornady? sometime you find that one company makes a product which is then marketed through several others who mark the price up based upon their reputation. for instance is Lapua or Norma made by these guys or do they manufacture their own brass? if all the brass is made by the one contractor then a guy oughta buy the cheaper brand. thanks for the help.