New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading logbook
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It is time for me to begin a new reloading logbook and I would like to hear from you guys about the info you track in your logbooks and the way you set up your pages, data you track, etc. An example or two would be great. My previous logbook was ok but not the best so I am looking for some ideas. Thanks.

Alan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I keep my log in a loose leaf binder. I have a page that keeps a summary of the years activity which includes the basic info of the load such as lot #, date loaded, powder and bullet info, and a small space for notes.
On another page I have a six forms that include
date, lot #, powder info, bullet info, primer info, case length, oal, times loaded, sizing info (full length or necked) and number of cases loaded with this lot. An additional line is added for notes such as how the cases are marked (I use sharpies to mark the bases to keep track of loads as I often end up with more than one lot in a box. I also use this line to record shooting info such as date fired, which shots were fired since cleaning, and group size.

In the back of my log I have a page for each cartridge I load for which keeps track of all the different loads I have tried in that cartridge.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I am a low tech kinda guy...

I split my brass up into lots containing 20 to 50 cases in a lot.. 223 cases are put into lots of 50... 243 cases and bigger are put into lots of 20...

Those are put into plastic resealable freezer zip lock bags.. and a 3 x 5 card in there keeps track of that lot's history..and load info..
EG:
13.5 gr Blue Dot, 55 grain SP/Horn, W/SR ( primer) F/L ( Full lengthed or neck sized).. date of load...

For each rifle I have, I use an accounting sheet, that you can get in booklets at Walmart for like $2.00... Each rifle has a page where I keep track of the
Date, Load fired... then there are 4 columns...
first column gets the number of rounds fired...
the 3rd column gets the cumulative total for the year... and the 4 th column gets the total cumulative number of rounds for the life of the barrel...

Dividers, in the note book, keep track of the different calibers...

Number one in all my 22 and 17 Rimfire Rifles..
Next is all chambered in 223,
Next all chambered in 22.250,
and so on....

The finest in 1901 accounting technology here.... but it keeps track of what I need to...

even homer can follow it...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a smallish spiral notebook for each gun

Date
Qnty. of batch
Bullet man/wt.
Case Man.
Primer
Powder man./wt.
OAL
Group size
comments

I was actualy just planning to print up a 4 on-a-page spreadsheet and have Kinkos chop and punch them for a small binder.

Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves. - Lord Byron

"They were not killing each other under Saddam."-Saaed

Posts: 407 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slatts
posted Hide Post
I use the MTM handloading log book. I used to just use my own spiralbound notebook but tended to forget to record everything I wished I would have. The MTM is a no brainer for me.

Posts: 468 | Location: Tejas | Registered: 03 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must be a simpleton . I have numerous cartridge cases along with numerous plastic boxes . In numerous calibers . I label all pertinent info inside of the box . Magic marker color code on inside of box as to number of reloads . Data as to how they did goes into the computer via a small note which I drop into the now empty cartridge box along with the empty brass . Turned primer side up .

Shot straight know your target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smiler good day Alan F I found a site that might interest you has lodsheets just about anything you wunt the site is gunloads.com have a great day later roger