New
Find
Notify
Tools

44 caliber spitzer bullets????
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone make 44 caliber spitzer bullets. I am looking for something in the 250 to 270 gr. for use in a SINGLE SHOT rifle. I am also interested in finding .40 caliber (.406)spitzers in the 210 to 240 gr range if they are out there.

Posts: 277 | Location: Newton, MS | Registered: 08 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you cast your own, I believe NEI has a mould for that.

Posts: 265 | Location: Bulverde, Texas | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I read somewhere about Hornady making a spitzer for the other calibers now. Looks like the one they make for the 45-70.
I had a mold made for one long ago for my .44 revolver for long range target. I never noticed any difference between it and a flat nose but it should show promise in a rifle.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never cast my own bullets before, it looks like I might have to give it a try. I can buy loaded ammo from Hornady in the LeaveRevolution line but I can't buy the component bullet. Everything else is flat point or so rounded that it is almost flat point. Thanks for the reply.

WEW

Posts: 277 | Location: Newton, MS | Registered: 08 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a die ordered when it comes in if you like i will let ya know!!

Third eye blinds the other two!
A bullet smith.

Posts: 61 | Location: ga | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
saw an add from hornady this week for them

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote