New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Bonded Sledge Hammers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've seen a few posts recently where loads were listed using Trophy Bonded Sledge Hammers. I wasn't aware these were offered for sale to the public. If I'm mistaken, please tell me where they can be purchased.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The sledgehammers were available about 2-3 years ago. Federal bought out / took over Trophy Bonded from the estate of Jack Carter. Currently, Speer only has the TB Bearclaws (softpoint) available for the public to buy. You might get lucky and find some sledgehammers gathering dust on some dealers shelves or put a Want to Buy ad in the classifieds on this website and see if anyone will part with some.
What size / cartridge are you looking for?

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.458 and .416

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got 20 of the 500 grain .458's already loaded, but I would consider pulling them if you want them. I probably will use the Speer AGS for anything needing a solid anyhow. I can pull them with an inertia puller, and they will not get damaged. I don't remember how much they were new as a component.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sent you a PM

Geronimo

one of us
posted Hide Post
TBBC
Who's your buddy?

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Bwana-be,
I appreciate the response. However, I've been able to find the Bear Claws from several sources. It's just that i've not been able to find the Sledge Hammer solids anywhere.

Geronimo

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Superior Ammo says that they use them in their loads here . Maybe they can tell you where to find them.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DANG!

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote