Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

223 Remington, unprimed brass weights.
 Login/Join

posted
I sorted some of my various 223 Rem cases by weight and they seem to be above and below 97 grains. Last year the LC cases that I sorted were mostly 92. And like Rick said, those were the keepers. Of the assortment that I sorted yesterday, the IVI (Canadian Military) and FC were in the 97 to 98 range. My real question is what are most commercial cases? if the books and articles are correct they should be lighter than 92 or ????

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have around 3000 pieces of LC 223 brass. Most of it weighs in the neighborhood of 92grs. Anything heavier than 93grs or lighter than 91grs gets tossed.

Rick

Posts: 178 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Rick, in the LC cases what do you use for a load. I have a Ruger 77, nice tight chamber and very long throat. I want an accurate load, top velocity not an issue as 150 is about my longest shot. I like the looks of the 40 and 50 Noslers, but will buy what I need. looking for a starting point.

ps, i corrected my LC weight in original post, good thing I don't load from memory.

kd

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K D:
My real question is what are most commercial cases? if the books and articles are correct they should be lighter than 92 or ????

Some I've weighed;

Rem 90.1 av. 0.9 variation

Win 92.1 " 2.2 "

WCC 92.2 " 1.4 "

TZZmil 94.7 " 1.5 "

ADImil 94.7 " 2.2 "

Sako 100.5 " 1.5 "

Why hoy any?? batch'em up and see if you can tell the difference.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thanks for the weights.

"batch'em up and see if you can tell the difference" comes later. I like to work up loads with most of the variables covered. After that..........!!!