New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 300WM Nickel Brass to tight
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
JCN, makes sense to me. I think I'm headed brass only brass-sounds interesting doesn't it. Good feedback, I think it isn't worth the chance of a round sticking on you in the field.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm with Atkinson. I think your chamber is a tad on the tight side. (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
The plain brass that I load fit fine I only have trouble with the Nickle brass. I think I will try some fail safe factory ammo and see if they chamber. What is your opinion on the fail safe ammo.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Swede, I posed the question on a previous thread regarding folks experience with the FS and it was mixed, mostly negative until you got up into bigger banging rounds. I have personally had to help a hunting partner track for awfully long a couple of whitetails when he had the 'pencil through effect' with a few rounds in 300 WSM. Just my experience.http://www.accuratereloading.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=787689&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=21&fpart=1

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote