Notify
Tools

Redding Powder Measure ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tred1956
posted
Hi,
I have a (I believe) a BR-3 and use the slide on adapter to reduce to 17 and 20 calibers. My problem is when I went to remove it to go back to standard tube, the standard tube cracked. It is still functional but I am afraid to keep trying to remove it. I believe it may break off. Has anyone else had such an issue? Is the original tube replaceable? If so HOW? Could I use a dry lubricant such as graphite once problem is resolved? Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better.

Posts: 2558 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
Drop Redding a line and tell them that it cracked. They should send you a replacement.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tred1956
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Thanks to all for the advice. Factory drop tube (new one coming from Redding-covered by warranty) must be removed to use aftermarket ones. Thinking about going with longer drop tube. Like the looks of the Possum Hollow the best. It has changeable inserts for the same tube. If I go with Sinclair a new tube must be purchased for each size change. Does anyone have any experience with the Possum Hollow?
Thanks to all
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better.

Posts: 2558 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote