Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9,3x62 subsonic
 Login/Join

posted
Hi i am new here. But i read this forum much longer. because i live in holland we hunt alot around houses. And the number of guns i can own is max 6 so i like to use my calibers as allround as possible. because of this i will not get a .300 whisper.

Is it possible to load the 9,3x62 to subsonic speed? and what load and bullet should i use.

Arend

Posts: 12 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like bad idea, because 9,3x62 has big powder capacity and you would use something like 0,5 - 1 grams of pistol powder in subsonic loads. Case would be filled only with low percentage and risk of detonation is possible.

But still, for plinking, well lubricated lead bullets are perfect. But in case of jacketed bullets, they should be at least moly-coated.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Arend
What are you hunting and what other weapons do you have that may be better suited for sub sonic?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have the following calibers

.223 rem
.270 win
6,5x57
and i hope soon the 9,3x62

It will be used on wild boars at close range.

Posts: 12 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try to get these cases with reduced capacity:
http://www.samereier.de/ladetabelle_1.htm

Fuhrmann

Posts: 110 | Location: Switzerland, Zug area (but German by birth...) | Registered: 19 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
I am not familiar with European powders....

However there are a batch of American made powders that can accomplish this.. that would not be position sensitive...

Like tried and true 'Unique'....by Alliant

or another really good powder I have just started working with, is 'Trail Boss' by IMR....

Trail Boss is VERY VERY bulky.. like Oatmeal.. and same color... its only instructions is to not compress your load...

10 grains in a 30/06 made it recoil like a big air rifle..

That case will hold 21 grains of Trail Boss.. so any load between 10 to 20 grains will be just fine... and not position sensitive..

If you have access to cast bullets for the 9.3 x 62 then you would have no problem...taking game with it at that velocity....range won't necessarily be far ( 75 to 100 yds), but that bullet weight will more than do the job...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote