Find
Notify
Tools

Co-Ax question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted
My Rockchucker puts quite a bit of strain on my loading table top. Does the Forster press apply less stress to the top? Thinking of changing presses and would appreciate input!

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AC, I have my Forester mounted on a table 4" thick and so far it works just fine.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AC, I have both--on opposite ends of the same bench, and I can't discern any difference in the load on the table. My table is pretty robust though, and my Co-ax is clamped to the table, whereas my Rockchucker is bolted to the table-- I just wasn't sure where I wanted my Co-ax to sit, so I clamped it where it is--about 2 years ago!!

I will say that my Co-ax consistently makes more precise ammo--I've got no idea why, but it just takes a lot less tweaking when setting up dies to get minimal runout with my coax.

Good Luck--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACRecurve:
My Rockchucker puts quite a bit of strain on my loading table top. Does the Forster press apply less stress to the top? Thinking of changing presses and would appreciate input!

which model of rockchucker do you have??

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I don`t notice any real difference in my Co-Ax, Lyman and RCBS but I can recomend putting a foot long piece of 1x6 or 8 under the bench top and bolting the press through it and the top to add support. The board will stiffen the bench top markedly.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buy one of the RCBS mounting plates. Bolt you Rockchucker to it and bolt or clamp the two to your table. It spreads out the force on the table and works well. I often used mine clamped to a workmate and it works just fine..............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replies and advice. Looks like I'll be selling the Rockchucker and getting a Forster. Can't seem to stand not fixing things that aren't broken! Big Grin

Good hunting,

Andy

Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know, but I have both and about a couple of months ago, I pulled my
bonanza press completely off. I had it screwed on instead of bolted.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for your replies and advice. Looks like I'll be selling the Rockchucker and getting a Forster. Can't seem to stand not fixing things that aren't broken! Big Grin

Which rockchucker do yo have, I may be interested, I would prefer the rockchuckker 2
I don't like the way the primer catching setup works on the supreme model

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cummins cowboy:
quote:

Which rockchucker do yo have, I may be interested, I would prefer the rockchuckker 2
I don't like the way the primer catching setup works on the supreme model

You have a PM.

Good hunting,

Andy