New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Reloading Press
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is your pick for the best single stage reloading press?

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Redding Ultramag.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
<gruvinbass>
posted
Rockchucker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Best for price? Rockchucker. Best for inherent mechanical repeatability? Foster Coax... (only really necessary if you are a benchrester and then you should be using an arbor press anyhow)

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
<Hellrazor>
posted
Rockchucker...

one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
I have several presses, among them a Rockchucker, a Lyman Orange Crusher and a Forster Coax. The Forster Coax produces the most accurate, concentric reloads of all, with minimal fooling around with squaring dies as is necessary with all the others.

Forster Coax by a longshot.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Elias>
posted
RCBS Rockschuker is the best one.

------------------
As long there�s lead in the air,there�s hope.

<Ben H>
posted
Forster Co-Ax!!!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Take it from a fellow Nebraskan, for accurate rifle loads, Forester Co-Ax. If you do a search for this topic you'll find several long threads on the topic. In many of them people will explaine WHY they like a particular press, and what presses work for what type of loading, and the experience level of the loader.

Welcome!

Roger

Posts: 648 | Location: Huskerville | Registered: 22 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well...I did it! Thanks guys for all your input. I just ordered a Forster Co-ax from Sinclair International. This is my first piece of reloading equipment other than my MEC Sizemaster. I'm taking a gamble that I'm going to enjoy it enough to make the investment pay off. For me, buying good equipment gives me confidence and helps me enjoy what I'm doing....and no "what ifs".

Now for the rest of the equipment! I know NOTHING so all recommendations on quality equipment and manuals from A-Z would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, you picked the best. I almost went with the CoAx 7 or 8 years ago but price caused me to get a RC. This year I made the switch. Do yourself a favor and get a handful of the Forster lock rings; there are others that will work but not as well. IMHO, a Lee collet die, a Redding body die, and a Forster seater (with or without the micrometer) makes a great setup without spending an arm and a leg.

By the way, Lock, Stock, and Barrel out of Valentine, NE (www.lockstock.com) has about as good a price on Forster products as any.

Another Nebraskan

Posts: 63 | Location: Creighton, Nebraska | Registered: 19 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill Adams
posted Hide Post
Buy 3 or 4 reloading manuals,(and that won't be enough), Sierra, Hodgdon, Hornady, Speer, and Nosler. Nosler is my favorite, they will have a new manual out in mid-April. You can order all kinds of manuals from Midway. The Midway load books are also good. Another important thing...no matter how much reloading stuff you buy, you still will find that you need more and more stuff. Have fun..BA

------------------
"It has been my experience that nothing improves the disposition of a scoundrel like hanging him." Andrew Jackson

Posts: 617 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 22 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One last thing...don't bother ordering the Redding Deluxe Match dies with the micometer seater...they won't fit under the handle of the Forster press. You'll have to stick with Forester micrometer dies which are pretty good anyhow... I only use the match dies for my match and varmint loads anyhow...for most hunting rifles I simply buy the standard dies...

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote