Find
Notify
Tools

Swift A-Frame Starting Seating Depth from Lands
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Any recommendations on a starting depth for A-Frames? Just getting started. For example, I've read the .050" is the starting depth for Barnes and than .020" is a good depth most bullets.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Any recommendations?

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
I have shot the 180gr A Frames in a 30-06 and they were set .020 off the lands and gave good results. They shot 1" at 100m which is all I needed for a hunting rifle so did not test any other depths as they are pricey. Standard load was 55gr H4350, and no issues, they are an excellent bullet for what I need and use them for, Waidmannsheil, Dom.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
We loaded the 150 gr. A-Frames for my .270 as far out as the magazine would allow; and as Just-a-hunter said, because of cost I don't remember experimenting a whole lot with them.

They'll shoot just inside MOA when I have a good day.

Good luck!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks!