New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Anyone reload for 7.62x39?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Plateau - No sir. Sorry to disappoint. I was not in the 11th. I just thought it was a cool looking patch and would make a sharp avatar...which it does. I was in college when Nam was going on and married with kids by the time I got out. So I missed that little party, lucky for me.

I guess I should go find the patch for what I really was before someone accuses me of sailing under a false flag when that was not my intent.

Thank you for your courage and your service.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I reload for a 10 inch contender barrel, Use 20+ grains of H110 and a remington 100 grain softpoint bullet designed for the 32-20 those babies are incredibly accurate and go into tiny clusters at 100 yards. I've never shot anything with that load, but was thinking it would be a good short range varmit load with that bullet.

regards,
graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's another interesting idea. Gray. And I suspect that load would also be pretty explosive on impact. Sounds like varmit poison to me. Any fox or coyote wanna volunteer for Gray's test subject?

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup, the 85 gr XTPs seem to be the best of the lot in .312 for the CZ. I too was concerned about blowing out the core, so I am glad to hear 2900 fps with 4227 is OK. I have pushed some over 3000 fps and they turned into FLAK about 30 yds out! With that 1 in 10 twist they are really buzzing. I cut back to 2600 and all is well.

Some friends swear by the 30-30 silver tips in the CZ as they are quite soft and obturate up to .311 well. Performance on deer, of course, is legendary.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Afton, VA | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Afew years ago had a 1/18 twist 30 cal pac-nor ss super match laying around gathering dust so has the gunsimth put together a 7.62x39 on a 700 action for BIB 112/118 gr bullets shot a little bug hole in the .2's with 5 shots on barrel break in layed the rifle up and haven't shot it since. Used some case with K&P stamp that laupa made and 4198. Seeing this post kind of got me interested again in that rifle. Men and there toys!

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote