New
Find
Notify
Tools

LEE Classic Cast alignment
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've owned two Lee presses, their small C-press and their larger O-press, the Challenger.
On both of them, the ram was not aligned with the die hole. Worse so on the C-press than on the Challenger. A case would tip slightly as it entered the die.

What's your experience with their new Classic Cast - is the ram perfectly aligned with the die?

(This question could be extended to LEE's "old" Turret and Classic Turret versions, also).

Urban

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Classic Cast has similar alignement as the RCBS JR sitting next to it.

Posts: 54 | Location: Burns, Oregon | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Yep, Lined up perfectly.

Nice Press.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
no problems with my classic cast press.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i love mine. sold my old rockchucker. the lee seems to have not only more height inside but more room width wise as well tho i never measured and that could be my imagination. a lot better for 416's than the rcbs. i particularly like being able to orient the handle wherever i please.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got a classic turret (just released). Alignment is right on. My issue is that the primer arm does not travel upward sufficiently to seat the primer, and I've had to shim it to get it to seat. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote