THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    .30-06 150 to 165 - elevation change? Load experience?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.30-06 150 to 165 - elevation change? Load experience?
 Login/Join

<rsb148>
posted
I'm getting pretty good accuracy at (6 grns under max. powder) with 150 grn Hornady interlock.
If everything but bullet weight remains constant, what is an approx. sight adjustment @ 100 yrds for a 165 grn interbond?

Bad move?

I'm not looking for anything but a good < 1.5" MOA whitetail load

I know every rifle is different. Could you just give me a hint as to your experience switching from 150 to 165?

<rsb148>
posted
Sorry about the double post.

<reload>
posted
The 165 grain bullet will out preform the 150 grain bullet, at 200 to 500 yards the 165 grain will give you between 300 to 500 ft.- lbs more energy. It also will normally give better accuracy! Good Luck