Notify
Tools

Bullets from DKT and from Hawk�s
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted
Gentlemen,

what are your opinions about bullets from DKT or from Hawk`s Bullets?

With best regards,

Fritz K.

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fritz,

I used DKT a number of years ago before I started reloading myself for the JDJ line of Contender chamberings. I found Chuck Richardson very knowledgeable and was impressed with the quality of his work. I have not used him in some time but was very pleased at the time.

John

Posts: 855 | Location: Belgrade, Montana | Registered: 06 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is DKT still in business or has someone taken over ? I once had them load 8 x 54 Krag-Joergensen for me, and was very satisfied.

Alexander Eichener

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carcano91:
Is DKT still in business or has someone taken over ? I once had them load 8 x 54 Krag-Joergensen for me, and was very satisfied.

Alexander Eichener

You find the bullets at Huntingtons, but they se�m to have changed name to "Custom Bullets". www.huntingtons.com/Bullet-DKT.html

I see that you are writing from Germany. Recently I read that the RWS had stopped making bullets in .318 and so did Norma in the eighties. Do you know if there still remains any european bullet makers with .318? There are a lot of fine old arms in this caliber, and although the american resources are excellent, it�s hard and expensive to buy the bullets on the other side of the Atlantic.

Waidmannsgr�sse,

Fritz K.

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fritz Kraut:
I see that you are writing from Germany. Recently I read that the RWS had stopped making bullets in .318 and so did Norma in the eighties. Do you know if there still remains any european bullet makers with .318?

Well, I even know a source for the last remaining stocks of older RWS TIG bullets in .318" (not just their common 12,7 grams round nose). Stocks of the normal RWS bullets will hold out for some time via the usual suspects (major suppliers such as Frankonia, Kettner, Johannsen etc.).

As to small makers, Siegfried Stoklossa comes to mind, but I dimly recall a rumour that he would be going out of business.

Regards,
Alexander Eichener

one of us
Picture of Big Bore
posted Hide Post
The man who ran DKT died last November. I talked to his widow last January (called about some brass) only to find out they were no longer in business. I do not know if she sold the interest in DKT to someone else or not, and I was too red-faced at the time to do much more than offer condolences and let her get back to making a new life for herself.

Posts: 641 | Location: Indiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bore:
The man who ran DKT died last November. I talked to his widow last January (called about some brass) only to find out they were no longer in business. I do not know if she sold the interest in DKT to someone else or not,

Hm. I am very sorry to hear that. The good people die and the bad ones stay on and continue to edit reloading magazines... but I am digressing.
When browsing through the web catalogue of the 2nd Amendment corporation (http://www.ammunitions.com), it appeared very similar to the DKT list. Have they taken over the program - does anybody know ?

Regards,
Alexander Eichener
carcano91@hotmail.com