Find
Notify
Tools

SAC Infinity APS Seating Die
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of slugslinger
posted
Dang! Why do these innovative tools come out after I've invested $$ in related tools? While pretty expensive, this is a new "universal" seating die for "in-line" applications. If you reload for many different chamberings (on an arbor press), this would be terrific. There's a video in the link that demonstrates set up and use.

https://shortactioncustoms.com...ct/infinity-aps-die/

Regards,

NRA Endowment Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 520 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this is similar or not. If it is, the price is a lot cheaper.
https://www.amazon.com/Frankfo...eating/dp/B084HLRHY8

In edit, I watched some of the video and it seems there are more parts to the SAC Infinity die. Maybe more precise that the Frankford die.

Posts: 327 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 16 April 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronco:
I don't know if this is similar or not. If it is, the price is a lot cheaper.
https://www.amazon.com/Frankfo...eating/dp/B084HLRHY8

In edit, I watched some of the video and it seems there are more parts to the SAC Infinity die. Maybe more precise that the Frankford die.

It is not APS die.

Posts: 2082 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems much more complicated than my Redding micrometer seating dies. I might be missing something but I don't see the point of this new die design.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2028 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like it’s a non cartridge specific seating die for use with in line arbor presses like the bench rest/LR precision crowd use.

It’s reasonable in that those guys really go for different chamberings in the same caliber.

I don’t frankly see much application for this to conventional hunting reloading, although it certainly would work for it.

You can go this route, but you still need sizing dies, and then (again, if necessary) a separate crimp die as well.

Unless I get into long range F/TR or benchrest, I’m not the target market here.

Posts: 10676 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of slugslinger
posted Hide Post
Clarification:
The SAC set is indeed for Arbor Press applications, while the Frankford Arsenal set that ronco pointed out is for standard presses.

The advantage to both is one that purchase gets you seating dies for almost any chambering. Therefore, if you reload for numerous chamberings (like I do), then one set works instead of buying all those individual seaters.

And just FYI, The Frankford Arsenal set is on sale on Amazon if anyone is interested.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084...dt_b_product_details

Regards,

NRA Endowment Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 520 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is indeed an interesting concept.
What surprises me somewhat is that it flies directly in face of the standard marketing principle on which most precision seating dies are sold, beign that the bullet is guided into the case neck by the bearing surface, with both bullet and case being held "accurately" in a single piece of metal for best possible concentricity.

Of course, concentricity is arguably not important for accuracy and I have become fairly convinced that concentricity is in any case mostly a function of case condition prior to seating than on anything the seating die does or doesn't do.

Posts: 469 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote