New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes Remington Core Lokt bullets?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
These bullets seem to be quite similar to Hornady Interlock bullets. Anybody here know who makes them for Remington?

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have heard that remington makes some bullets for hornady or visa versa at times

Posts: 1480 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
<BigBob>
posted
LE270,
About a year ago I contacted Rem. on a bullet question. I was referred to their plant in Little Rock. At that time I was told all Remington bullets are made in Little Rock by Remington. I don't know if that is still the case. I asked about their bulk bullets and if they were rejects. Of course they just blew me off. Good luck.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Their core-lok design continues to be one of the
best performing game bullets on the market. You can buy them from Midway and others at a very reasonable price. What i want to know is how they
get the velocity in their factory loads. Wonder what powder and how much. Remington is not interested in reloading a cartridge that has been
a proven performer for many years so i guess it is
a well kept secret. Just my 2cents worth!

Posts: 154 | Location: Texas | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While Remington does, to my knowledge, still make its own bullets, it is not uncommon for any manufacturer to "outsource" some of its inventory.

I haven't used any of Remington's larger caliber bullets, but their bulk .224 55gr. SP has given me fits. Its cannelure is inconsistent in position from one bullet to another, and the bullet noses are sometimes filled with lead well beyond the forward edge of the jacket while at other times the jacket makes a kind of "hollow point". Accuracy has been poor compared to similar bullets from competitors, other than Winchester bulk SP bullets, which are, if anything, worse. Oddly enough, Winchester .224 FMJ's shoot well for me.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who makes Remington Core Lokt bullets?
Is this one of those trick questions like: "Who is buried in Grant's tomb?" [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
FYI--regarding rem ammo and velocity. A guy published an article where he was pressure testing handloads and factory loads extensively. He found several boxes of rem 30-06 ammo that was doing OVER 60,000 PSI. One box was averaging 63K!! That sure is the borderline for that cartridge and amazing to find an ammo maker running that pressure. Also he found that remington cases DID NOT show signs of pressure till about 70,000 psi. (at about 73,000 you start blowing primers right out of the case). I found this info VERY INTERESTING.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kraky,
That's sort of interesting as I have a packet of Remington 45/70 ammo, (405gr) that when chronographed out of my 45/70 Marlin (22") ran: 1682, 1687, 1683, 1697, 1677. Not quite the advertised 1330! No pressure signs were evident and I'm pretty sure the chronograph wasn't playing up that day. Next time I'm on the range I'm going to run another 3 rounds through the chronograph then ask Remington some questions...
Cheers,
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington's made the Core Lock bullet for about forever. Buying their 405 grain .45-70 in bulk has been an inexpensive way to get a good bullet, and no, they're not rejects or seconds or whatever, just inexpensive compared to other makes. Some are ho-hum for accuracy, but they make some real nice bullets too - like the 6mm 80 grain hollowpoint for varminting! Regards, Guy

Posts: 327 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Sendaro>
posted
Remington makes their own bullets. They have been making bullets that work OK on game for decades,but Remingtom ammo/bullets are far from accurate, and reliable.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Con I crono some 405 rems in a marlin guide gun they were running right around the 1300 mark.

Posts: 19428 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Sendaro>
posted
Remington makes their own bullets. They have been making bullets that work OK on game for decades,but Remingtom ammo/bullets are far from accurate, and reliable. Remington has failed to keep up with the advancements in bullet Tech. They also have failed to continue making quality rifles. Since they went automated they are making junk for the most part. Even the famous 40X is not what it used to be. Problem is that they just don't care anymore. They don't own their own business anymore and they are doing just what Winchester did back in 1965. Turn out the junk and rest on the fame of the name. I use Remington rifles and their 870 shotgun. However I will never buy a new one again unless the quality returns. It is a shame what they are doing to the once best line of mass produced rifles the industry had to offer. How about that firing pin shroud lock. Ain't that the greatest thing since seat belts! Pull the firing pin out of the bolt on a new 700 and take a look at the firing pin spring. Nice fit it is not. OH, and how about their new throw-away rifle. I think they call it the 710. Remington has gone to hell period. If I had to buy a new mass produced rifle today and expect it to shoot accurately I would but a Savage 110 before I bought a new Remington anything. The bedding job in the last 40X I bought looked like a kid did it with a hot glue gun. It is a shame when the People from Remington's custom shop buld a $1700.00 custom target rifle and before it will really shoot accurately it has to be sent to a riflesmith and done over.

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Hornady makes the Core-Lokts for Remington these days. I'm talking bullets here, not loaded ammunition.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote