New
Find
Notify
Tools

340 Weatherby Primers?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone used both CCI and Fed 215 mag primers in the 340 Weatherby mag with varying results? I have a lot of CCI mag primers on hand and was wondering if there could be an improvement in accuracy by going with Fed 215 primers as it seems that the Fed primers are more popular in this caliber.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Every rifle / load is diff. The only way to tell is a side by side comparison. Load em up & go shooting.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

Every rifle / load is diff. The only way to tell is a side by side comparison. Load em up & go shooting.

Roger that!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Has anyone used both CCI and Fed 215 mag primers in the 340 Weatherby mag with varying results? I have a lot of CCI mag primers on hand and was wondering if there could be an improvement in accuracy by going with Fed 215 primers as it seems that the Fed primers are more popular in this caliber.

I got another 50-90fps with CCI 250's but the F215's were all within 20fps of each other!
(225g & IMR4350)

Posts: 2359 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Federal developed the Fed 215 primer at the behest of Roy Weatherby. I use CCIs for my 300 H&H but they are not as hot. Matter of fact, I think it's in the Nosler reloading book, but there's a recommendation in there to use FED 215s in the 300 H&H in cold climates. I'd stick with the 215s. jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote