Best Regards
Anders Hatting

Be aware of the man with only "one" riffel

Posts: 51 | Location: denmark | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
http://www.ch4d.com/

According to their site, they are swamped with business. But I was able to access the site and their contact links seem to be working.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4863 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought some tools from them just before Christmas so I think they are doing just fine.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Their "swamped" notice has been included on the home page for at least a couple years. Maybe they still are.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They recently told me that custom reamers would take about 10+ months.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I got two sets of 400 Whelens from them a couple of months ago; took a week. So if they are on the shelf, quick. If not, like anything else; you have to wait. So if you want something, call them; and stop guessing.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are busy, and can't seem to find the proper help to meet demand.

Delay is at least 6 months.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The alternative is Huntington Die Specialties. My understanding is that Fred H of RCBS kept the specialty shop when he sold the main business. Place to check. Luck. Happy New Year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered two sets of wildcat dies this afternoon. They said they would ship out tomorrow.
I asked for 22-243 middlestead, they said none in stock and they made a run in Dec and are out. next run of them is not slated until this Dec. I would say yes, they are busy!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iiranger:
The alternative is Huntington Die Specialties. My understanding is that Fred H of RCBS kept the specialty shop when he sold the main business. Place to check. Luck. Happy New Year.

Forget RCBS.......and Huntingtons is only basically a retailer any more.

Last Spring 2017 RCBS development manager (one Steve Koch) told me directly over the phone that they no longer do custom orders. If they do not have pre-existing tooling then they will not do it.Period.

Shame.....Fred Huntington is rolling over in his grave.

Posts: 296 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 13 April 2017Reply With Quote