New
Find
Notify
Tools

.44 Mgn maximun loads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ruger Redhawk and Ruger SuperRedhawk in .44 Mgm, use same maximun loads? Thanks in advance, Hector

Posts: 328 | Location: San Martin de los Andes, Argentina | Registered: 01 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yea.. same load. but mine don't like max. loads. I like 19 grains of AA #9 or 21 gr. of 296 with a 240 XTP

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please understand that speed isn't the whole answer .While you may drive a bullet faster with more powder the limit is that the poor ballistic coefficient of handgun bullets slows them down faster !! Eeker

I demonstrated that here for a friend. For another grain or so of powder he gained 50 fps at the muzzle but looking at the tables ,at long range the difference was a mere 5fps .For that insignificant gain in velocity he added more recoil, muzzle blast and most likely less accuracy.
Many handguns are most accurate at slightly below max .Find that point and stick with it. Pick a good bullet and it will serve you for deer close in or steel at 200 m !! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why would you need maximum loads? How are you going to determine a max load? Which manual do you trust to have the max load for your gun and your mix of components?
I preferred to load for accuracy. Using a chrono back in the late 1970s (printed circuits on card stock and a timer and conversion tables), I found that at around max load in my .44 mag, the velocity would drop with increasing powder. If the inflection point was max load, then I had to go above max load to find the max load.
If you check a multitude of manuals, you'll find the max load differs in all of them, because they all used different guns and mix of components and COLs.
Load safe and don't worry about max loads.

Posts: 130 | Location: AZ | Registered: 17 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear members of ARForum: my question is directed to the similarity or not, the ability of both revolvers to withstand maximum pressure. Undoubtedly safety recharge and particularly in pressure that develops reloaded ammunition is paramount. I think so, but it took nearly 35 years about 70 reloading cartridges (handgun and long) without any problem, measuring speeds with a Oheler 33 and measurement systems using the latest generation of tools to recharge. I appreciate your concern for security but still do not know if both bear equal pressure revolvers cartridges. Excuse my bad English. Thanks in advance. Hector

Posts: 328 | Location: San Martin de los Andes, Argentina | Registered: 01 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes I would shoot the same loads in each one.

Posts: 19570 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Regards,Hector