Find
Notify
Tools

Most silly error?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted
I have just been loading up a couple of 222 Rem with 40 gr Ballistic Tip, and when trickling powder for one of the loads, I suddenly got too much powder and the scale jumped up. What did I do? I turned the trickler handle the other way to compensate...
eek2

It took a fraction of a second to understand what I was doing, but I had to take a pause from loading and ask you: Can you match that for a silly error in reloading? Big Grin

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Must have been stairing at the scale too long? Or too much coffee jump

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did it work? Roll Eyes

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
match & exceed - but I don't want to remember that

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
My most silly error?

When someone asked me in 1962 if I wanted to learn to reload ammunition, and I answered, "Yes!"

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forgeting to put the primers in and wondering where all the powder was comming from?
John l.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
INSTALLING 100 PRIMERS IN 100 PIECES OF PREPPED BRASS......UPSIDE DOWN.

I WAS SLIGHTLY PERTURBED.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the time I de-primed my finger tip (through and through!) My that was a painfull little error. Though I think the compression from the ram was worse than the pin hole!

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
FrownerAsking my Brother-In-Law if he would like to learn to reload. Frowner

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am guilty of the "powder with no primer" move. Was loading several batches of 22-250 in blocks of 100 with ball powder...H-380 I believe which is just small enough to fall right thru the flash hole. Got the first two or three done and noticed they weren't fitting down in the case block correctly. Powder was running out quite fast...Luckily I only got a few and realized my error.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Sounds like I am in good company. Big Grin

Tsturm: Yep, both and not used to the hot weather we got here. Eeker Red Face

Cheechako: Unfortunately not! nut

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about skipping the powder drop on a row of ten cartridges, then seating bullets on them only to find that out during the a 600 yard prone match when you pull the trigger and all you hear is "click"?

I had to borrow ammo to get through the day. Luckily 223 Rem is a very common target caliber.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I accidently loaded some old (0.311) bullets from brit 303 in 30-06 (0.308) cases. First round blew a primer. Havent found any damage to 742 yet. Still wondering if I ought to send it back to Remington for check?
Regarding no powder in case or partial for some reason I always powder load a block of rounds and before I start seating bullet take a flashlight and look in eavery case for uniform powder load height.

one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
Last time reloading for my .222Rem, the powder flow out of the case. I thought I hade filled it twice, but it showed that the case was full of nap, straw and dust from my pockets. Having fired the round at the hunt, I put it in the pocket and let it there for some weeks. Next time I'll bring something where I put the empty cases. Frowner

Fritz

The true and only Fritz Kraut

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote