Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading for the 7x57R
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks

New to this calibre and reloading for a Sauer Drilling dating from around 1953.

Aware that I can look at data for the 7x57 and reduce by about 10-15%. However, grateful for any loads you have worked up - at my own risk!

Can I use the standard 7x57 die allied to a .303 shell holder - or is there a specific die set for this calibre?

Rgds IanSmiler

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ian,

I use 46-48 gr of IMR4350 for about 2500fps in the 7x57R. This is giving me around 1in groups at 100m.

I have been using the standard 7x57mm dies for over 25 years with out a problem. Just get a shell holder for the rimmed case and set up the dies like normal.

Enjoy the drilling.

WH,

Don

Life Member SCI &, NRA

Posts: 161 | Location: Reno NV and Betty's Bay RSA | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nevadan, what bullet weight are you using with this load?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
I believe the proper shellholder is a #26. Don't know how closely that matches the .303 British, but it seems to work with all the Mauser sized -"R" cases, and some others like the 9.3X74R......

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote